Friday, February 6, 2015

The Woman I Wanted to Be

I've been reading like crazy for the past couple of months & I love it. I've basically finished a book a week since the semester started. I went to the Strand a couple of weeks ago (as I mentioned here) and stocked up on books for the impending snowstorm that was going to be the worst NYC ever saw.. a whole 6 inches! You can never go wrong being prepared either way though (I can thank my dad for instilling this into my head).

Straight from my Instagram: Tricia329
While I was in Germany my friend was reading The Woman I Wanted to Be by Diane von Furstenburg. I had heard of it in passing but didn't even consider reading it until she told me how good it was. The day I was moving back into school I may have been trying to push off coming back, so I made a pit stop at Barnes & Noble on my way home from Starbucks to get this book. I finished it in a few days and loved it. I never knew much about DVF aside from that her office is in the Meatpacking District with lips on the brick (I only knew this from passing it constantly), she invented the infamous wrap dress, and she funded the High Line. Aside from that, I'm definitely no DVF fanatic.

What I loved about this book was that she got so personal, but in a humble "real person" way. You didn't feel like you were reading something about one of the most well-known and influential fashion designers of the 20th century. I now feel like I can almost relate to her and her mother's story is amazing. I won't tell you about it because you have to read it!

I promise this book will not disappoint. Even if you aren't a fashion lover, you'll still love this because it's not centered around fashion at all. Of course since it's such a huge part of her life it's mentioned here and there, but that's not the point of the book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Breakfast at Tricia's, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena