Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Fluffiest Oatmeal: 2 Ways

I'm a true grandma. I love oatmeal for breakfast and eat it every single day. I don't change it up either- no weird dried fruit (I can't do the texture) or different fruits for that matter because I just don't like them in oatmeal. I always use 1/2 banana and that's it.

At home I make egg white oatmeal on the stove, but I just discovered that it works in the microwave, too! Using egg whites in your oats make them so fluffy and adds great flavor. Here are all of the things you need to make them and the two different ways to do it (aka real life vs. dorm life). You can choose different fruit or spices, but I prefer cinnamon & banana.

World's Fluffiest Oatmeal

Ingredients
1/2 cup dry oatmeal (I use Trader Joe's Multigrain, not instant)
3/4-1 cup water (depending on method)
2 egg whites
Ground cinnamon (I use a ton!)
Banana

Microwave Directions
Put 1/2 cup dry oatmeal in a microwave safe bowl (make sure it has at least 1 inch of room above where the water is at the top) with 3/4 cup water. Let sit for 10 minutes so water gets partially absorbed.

Add 2 egg whites into bowl with water and oats and mix for 30-60 seconds. 

Microwave for 3 minutes, stirring every 30-60 seconds.

Add cinnamon and sliced banana and enjoy!

Stovetop Directions
Put 1/2 cup dry oats in a saucepan with 1 cup water on medium-high heat. 

Once the water starts to boil, add in egg whites and stir every 30 seconds. Once the egg whites appear firmer and your oatmeal is fluffy, you're done! The whole process is about 10 mins.

Add your cinnamon & banana (or whatever you choose) & eat up.

Side note: Nut butters, chopped nuts, dried fruit, apples, raspberries, blueberries, etc. are all great toppings, too. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Breakfast at Tricia's, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena