Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Ontario Salmon Bowl

I love trying out new recipes as well as experimenting and creating my own. I saw a Seattle Asian Salmon Bowl on skinnytaste and emailed my mom from Germany saying we had to try these when I got home.

Rewind a bit for some background info.. my dad and brother went fishing on Lake Ontario and came home with salmon that they've been wanting to cook. Perfect opportunity! That being said, I have no idea what the exact amount is that I used because it wasn't store-bought so I'll just use the recommended amount from Gina.

I love rice bowls because you can improvise so easily and add/take out any veggies you want. Additionally, I made the dressing with wasabi and it was actually burning our noses. If you like wasabi then I'll recommend an amount to add, but truthfully I don't think it needs it. Here's my version of Gina's salmon bowl, which is pretty close to the original.

Ontario Salmon Bowl

Serves 4

Ingredients
For the bowl
1/2 cup green onions, sliced thin
1 seedless cucumber, sliced thin
1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds (I used black)
1 avocado, diced,
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 handful of alfalfa sprouts
1 strip of nori, cut into small strips
2 carrots shredded
16 oz wild salmon cut into 4 pieces
olive oil

For the Asian Vinaigrette
3 Tbsp less sodium soy sauce/Tamari
3 Tbsp mirin
3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1.5 Tbsp sesame oil
*1.5 Tbsp wasabi from a tube (if you're a brave soul)

Directions
Cook rice and keep warm.

Combine all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette and set to the side.

Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add salmon and sear for 3-5 minutes on each side, until cooked through.

Divide the rice into each bowl (1/2 cup each).

Assemble the bowl with the veggies (except nori) and then place salmon on top. Drizzle with the vinaigrette, spring the nori, and serve!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Breakfast at Tricia's, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena