Friday, May 2, 2014

New to NYC: the Waffogato

Every time I go to my aunt's house we have affogato for dessert, which I love. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, affogato is typically a scoop of vanilla gelato or ice cream (or fro yo!) drowned in espresso. I was just visiting her last weekend and we used vanilla frozen yogurt, but the time before that we used chocolate and vanilla gelato and put pomegranate on top. So good!
image c/o TIME
Any who, Dominique Ansel Bakery (yes... the cronut place) has done it again. On Monday they will be debuting the waffogato at a hunger relief fundraiser & it will be available in the store in Soho on May 9. When I first saw the picture of this I thought it was a waffle in espresso and immediately thought about how gross a soggy waffle would be. Then I actually read what it was and it's genius: waffle shaped ice cream that has bits of waffle and tapioca mixed in and topped with hot maple syrup espresso. As the ice cream melts you get the waffle and tapioca pieces and end up with something like a milkshake. If you can even wait that long for the ice cream to melt. I think this could be devoured in about 3 seconds.

I wonder if people will wait in line for hours to get one of these, too... Happy Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Breakfast at Tricia's, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena