Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Search is Over for the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie

Chocolate chip recipes are not hard to come across, but finding a good one is one of the hardest things ever. Since I was given this recipe 4 years ago I haven't found one to replace it. I've tried maybe two or three others and nothing compares. I guess the saying is true: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

These cookies come out chewy, big, chocolatey... the list could go on. I urge you to try it next time you want to wow people with one of the most common desserts ever. I usually use normal size chocolate chips, but I had mini ones on hand and I actually thing they look adorable. Chocolate chip size is totally up to you and what your personal preference is.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients 
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips (I usually end up adding more)

Directions
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and grease cookie sheet or line with parchment paper/silicone baking mats.

Sift together dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, and salt.

In a separate bowl, cream melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until blended completely. I use my KitchenAid fitted with the paddle for this. 

Beat the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla into creamed mixture until completely combined, light, and creamy. 

Mix in dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips with a wooden spoon. 

Using a Vollrath Company size 30 cookie scoop (about 1/4 cup), drop dough onto cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. 

Bake 15-17 minutes, until edges are lightly brown/golden.

Allow to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Breakfast at Tricia's, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena