Tuesday, April 22, 2014

M&M Cookies for Every Occasion

Easter weekend came and went so quickly. I can't believe it's almost May already! Being home from school for 4 days for the holiday was great and I'm so happy I got to spend so much time with family. I also had a decent amount of time to spend in the kitchen. I got on a baking kick (my whole life is spent on a baking/cooking kick, but we can pretend it's sporadic) and since it was a holiday I used it as an excuse to bake more than usual because I could pawn treats off on neighbors, family, friends, etc. Not like you really need an excuse to do that though..

Every year I make M&M cookies for Christmas and Easter using the holiday edition M&Ms so the cookies look festive! I think Easter is my favorite because the pastel colors are too pretty. Occasionally I'll make them with the normal colored ones, too, since they're requested quite frequently. I've been using the same recipe for years and it never fails me, so I'll share it with all of you.

M&M Cookies
Ingredients
1 cup of backed light brown sugar
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) of butter, softened
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups of M&Ms (I usually just eyeball it and add as much as I think will look the best)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix sugar, eggs, shortening, and vanilla until completely combined in a large mixing bowl. I use my KitchenAid with the paddle to do this.

Add flour, salt, and baking soda into the creamed mixture and blend well.

Add M&Ms and mix by hand with a wooden spoon just long enough so the candy is evenly dispersed throughout the dough. 

Use a Vallroth Company scoop in size 50 to drop dough onto a cookie sheet that's lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Place the cookies about 2 inches away from each other. If you don't have a cookie scoop you can drop the dough by the teaspoon.

Slightly push a few (4-5) candies on top of each dough ball with the remaining M&Ms you have.

Bake for about 12 minutes or until edges are just starting to become golden.

Note: This makes about 36 cookies

Happy baking! More recipes will be coming your way soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Breakfast at Tricia's, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena