Monday, March 3, 2014

Spring Is All About Blush

It's finally March which means it's almost spring! The weather in NYC is far from spring-like (the 20s can go), but it looks like they're forecasting warmer temps for this weekend (40s!). However, they were predicting a foot of snow for today and we didn't even get an inch so I'm not trusting the weather people anymore. Actually, I gave up on them years ago.

Enough on the crazy weather here though. My current color obsession for this spring is blush/dusty rose and all shades similar (some purples look a little pinkish). It's so classy, elegant, and clean looking. Camila Alves' Oscars gown was exactly those three things and the color looked great on her. That will be all of the reporting I do on the Oscars because it's so over discussed I can't even handle it.

I've been doing a bit of shopping just to get out of my dorm room and I've noticed that I automatically go right to everything that's this shade of pink. Here are a few things that I have or I plan on getting within the next few weeks to start spring with. 

I bought a silk blouse from Uniqlo that looks similar to this one and is a very similar color. I love it. With a white blazer and string of pearls it's too pretty. Plus, it had a little tiny run and since it was the last one I got a $50 blouse for not even $10! Such a steal and it's the perfect girly staple to have in your closet. 
Rayon Volume Long Sleeve Blouse $29.90

I got "Gouda Gouda Two Shoes" for Christmas 2012 and I love this color. You can still order this color from OPI or find it in beauty supply stores. It's definitely more on the dusty rose side, not the pastel end. 

"Mod About You" by OPI is a classic pink that's super pretty, too. I love it for spring and summer when I'm not in the mood for something too bright. It's almost a Barbie pink, but a little lighter. This color is also still available to purchase. 

I was just in Zara yesterday and they had the prettiest blazer marked down to $9.99 from $80. You can imagine my disappointment when they only had a larger size. While browsing their online stuff I saw this jacket and it's basically the same color as the blazer, but I think I'd actually prefer this over another blazer. I love the detail and the cut.
Cropped Jacket with Zips $159
Having a light pink bag is always perfect because it can go with black, brown, navy, beige, and really anything. I'm not one to match my bag to my outfit, but I know it drives some people crazy. Kate Spade sent out their email today so of course I was on the site ASAP. This is a new arrival and it's so adorable. 
Cedar Street Maise $298
I love this Coach bag so so much. I'd prefer this over the Kate Spade one because the python detailing is perfect on the trim and sides. I would like this one more considering it's a fabulous $300 more. 
Madison Sadie Flap Satchel in Two-Tone Python Embossed Leather $598

Michael Kors' Kiera ballet flats in dark nude would come in handy so often this spring and summer. I adore bows so the bow on these is my favorite and I think I'm becoming slightly obsessed. 
Michael Kors flats $125
I'm also loving desk accessories and mugs (which tend to end up being a desk accessory for me) in all colors blush/dusty rose. I can't wait to start making purchases and see what else comes out when the spring collections are all launched!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Breakfast at Tricia's, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena