Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Make Your Own Yoga: Strala

I love how many different fitness class options there are in NYC. I'm all for trying new things, but the prices can get kind of crazy at some places. I adore my megaformer classes at SLT, but don't love paying $40 a class. I still do though because the classes are fabulous




Last weekend I was in search of a yoga class that didn't require a studio membership and wasn't too expensive. I asked around and got recommendations and then I saw an Instagram post from Tara Stiles and thought to look into Strala. I ended up taking the "strong" class with Tara and it was amazing.

Strala's studio is huge so there's really no need to reserve a spot as long as you get there 15 minutes or so early. I hate reserving spots in classes and if you don't cancel within 24 hours you lose your money. Especially on weekends, I'm always so up in the air about what I want to do and I hate making definite plans sometimes. 

Photo c/o examiner.com

I'm not a crazy yogi, but I do enjoy it. I can't hold insane poses or bend I'm weird ways. If you're like me or if you're one of those people that can balance on your head for an hour, this class is for you. Basically, no matter what end of the yoga spectrum you're on you're set. The class was very structured and was basically a flow class, but you could go at your own pace and do whatever you want. If you didn't feel like doing warrior 2 then you just do whatever feels good. There are so many people in the class and no one is paying attention to you so there's no need to feel awkward. 

I'm an undergrad so the drop-in price is only $10 a class and mat rentals are only $2! This is too great for me because if I'm interning or doing something in the city before/after the class I don't have to worry about lugging a mat around with me. If you're not an undergrad then drop-in is $18, which still isn't bad. There are also packages you can get, too, which are definitely worth looking into if you plan on going frequently. 

I can't wait until I'm back from spring break and I can start going to Strala a couple of times a week! I'm really into taking the "relax" class, too. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Breakfast at Tricia's, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena