Monday, January 27, 2014

Restaurant Review: Josie's West

I fell off the blogging wagon for a while. I was so swamped with school and working that I didn't have time to write anything worth reading. Plus, who wants to hear me complain about school/work since that just consumed my life? Technically, my break from blogging just saved you from having to listen to me, so yes, you're welcome.

Tonight I went to dinner to catch up with the lovely General Manager of Ramscale Studio in the West Village where I interned. Haley went to the same school as me and through a mutual friend we connected and she gave me an internship from May 2013 until December. We went to Josie's West on the UWS (it's right on the corner of Amsterdam and 74th). I'm now in love with this place and will definitely be frequenting it. It's the perfect spot to catch up with friends because it's casual, but it's not somewhere you should go in a sweatshirt/sweatpants/yoga pants. If you would even leave your house in that then you should just head to the diner and call it quits.

I had the ancho rubbed grilled Scottish salmon with mango roasted pepper salsa on it and it was placed on top of mashed sweet potatoes and grilled asparagus. It was so good. The salmon didn't taste fishy at all (that's a problem with places that don't know how to make salmon properly and it ruins the whole dish) and was grilled to perfection. The portion size was perfect. Good choice on my part! 
Haley got the grilled natural chicken breast teriyaki with wok sautéed string beans, broccoli florets, zucchini, cremini mushrooms, baby bok choy, & Asian greens with organic tamari brown rice and she couldn't get over how good it was. She said she'll definitely be returning with her boyfriend. 

Haley got the grilled natural chicken breast teriyaki with wok sautéed string beans, broccoli florets, zucchini, cremini mushrooms, baby bok choy, & Asian greens with organic tamari brown rice and she couldn't get over how good it was. She said she'll definitely be returning with her boyfriend. 


Aside from so many options that look amazing on the dinner menu, I'd love to stop in for brunch or lunch because those menus look great, too. The service was good and the food came out quickly, but we didn't feel rushed by any means. The menus are seasonal and the food is all fresh, wholesome, and healthy. 

The decor was adorable and so inviting. It wasn't too bright, but wasn't so awkwardly dim that you can't see anything clear enough. It was warm and comfortable and they have these lights with marble-looking things that were so pretty. 


If you're looking for an average priced place to go for a casual meal (i.e. weekend brunch, lunch date, after-work-catching-up-with-friends-dinner, a birthday dinner, etc.) definitely check out Josie's. There's definitely something here for everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Breakfast at Tricia's, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena