Saturday, November 9, 2013

Peanut Butter Perfection

Thanksgiving and Christmas are closing in on us, which means there are tons of posts all over the web about holiday dishes with sweet potatoes, green beans, brussels sprouts, pumpkin, cranberry, apple, pear, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love all of these, but how many sweet potato pie recipes can you look at? To break up the flavors I'm going to give you some few recipes I have saved with one of my favorite things: peanut butter.

I don't understand people who don't like peanut butter. I'll admit that Skippy and all of those fake peanut butters are not good. They don't taste like the real stuff, which is so much better. Find a peanut butter and read the ingredients to make sure the only thing listed is peanuts. That's what peanut butter is supposed to be. You can also get salted pb, too, but I prefer just plain old pb made from plain old peanuts and that's it. Trader Joe's has one, but it has too much oil for my liking. 365 Everyday Value's unsalted pb from Whole Foods has been the best one I've found so far.

All of these recipes can and should be used during the holidays because you can't go wrong with bringing any of these to a party, adding some into your baskets of holiday cookie gifts for neighbors, friends, and family, or serving these dishes at your own gatherings. Not only for entertaining purposes, these are great recipes to just whip up to have around the house to nibble on or serve for meals!

These peanut butter blondies from Best Friends for Frosting look so yummy and apparently they're soft and chewy, and then have chocolate frosting on top to make the brownie even better. It's like a Reese's in brownie form.

No bake desserts are the best sometimes. You just put it together, throw it in the fridge and you're done. Martha Stewart's PB Chocolate Pie looks like the perfect dessert for a get together, or just to keep in your fridge to eat by yourself.

Kevin and Amanda has provided some of my favorite recipes, and this peanut butter Oreo ice cream pie would probably be on the top of my list of go-to recipes from the looks of it. The ingredients are common and the list is short. Plus it's another no bake dessert! With the hot fudge drizzled on top you can't go wrong with this.

A recipe for honey pretzel peanut butter cookies isn't something you see often, so I had to bookmark this from Lulu the Baker. The salty and sweet aspect of these cookies sounds too good to pass up.

These homemade peanut butter eggs are so adorable and would be perfect to throw in with your Christmas cookies for your neighbors and friends if you add some red and green sprinkles, or to put out on Thanksgiving with some fall colored sprinkles for people to pick on. It's a customizable Reese's! Head over to Brown Eyed Baker to get the recipe for this one.

Kitchenette's peanut butter and banana ice cream sandwiches combine some of the best flavors ever: peanut butter, banana, chocolate, and coconut. To die for. I do have to admit that I doubt I would make my own ice cream. Actually, I know I wouldn't. I would opt for a store bought banana ice cream, or maybe even coffee ice cream! You could really make up any combinations that you wanted to with cookie/ice cream flavors.

Whenever I went down the shore when I was little I would always get fudge and it had to either be peanut butter or chocolate peanut butter swirl. This chocolate pb fudge from Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body looks amazing and simple. Fudge is another thing that's good to cut into little cubes and add into your Christmas cookie assortments or to put out during any parties for people to pick on!

Peanut butter is great when used in cooking, too. So many Asian dishes have peanut sauce and it's so yum. To start the non-baked portion of this post we can thank Crumb. Not the healthiest, but not the worst, these spicy peanut butter noodles look like an amazing dinner to wow people or to warm you up on a chilly winter night when you just want to sit on your couch and watch Netflix (so like... every night).

Teaspoon of Spice's African peanut stew with quinoa is another warm, comforting dish for the winter. It has sweet potatoes, one of my favorite things! The lentils and quinoa along with the peanut butter make a protein-filled meal that's healthy. This is definitely going to be on my list of things to make once I'm home from school and I have a kitchen. Perfect recipe for a vegetarian and all non-veg's will love this, too.

Tide and Thyme posted an Indonesian pork tenderloin that looks like it will please guests at a dinner party, and all of the ingredients are most likely in your pantry. Just looking at the picture will make you drool.

Yet another recipe that has sweet potatoes (I guess I'm not straying too far from the popular ingredients of the holiday seasons), this sweet potato Thai peanut butter soup from Half Baked Harvest is perfect to add to your recipe rotation because I'm sure everyone is sick of the traditional fall soups by now: chicken noodle, chili, tomato lentil, etc. This is something that no one will expect, but everyone will love. The grilled peanut butter croutons are just another amazing surprise that I bet no one has ever had. Yet again, another recipe that's perfect for wowing guests.

As far as breakfast goes, I love adding peanut butter and mashed bananas into plain oatmeal. It's so delicious and filling. I definitely recommend it.

Now you can eat peanut butter for every meal with these recipes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Breakfast at Tricia's, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena