Friday, November 1, 2013

Fall Flavors to Wow Your Guests

Happy November! Before we know it it will be December and winter, the dreaded season by most. Except me! I love winter, but that's another story for another day. I love every season except summer. I know once I'm out of school and have to work all summer it's going to be horrible. I don't understand what people don't get about that. When you have a real job and work 5 days a week, going down the shore (yeah, clearly I'm from Jersey) and sitting in traffic for 3 hours to get 1 hour away on one of your two days off isn't very appealing. Plus sweating and being hot is just so uncomfortable.

Any who, in celebration of the new month (Thanksgiving month!) and the last full month of fall I'm going to do another fall recipe roundup. It's Friday, too, so you can try some of these out this weekend!

This apple cider float from Our Best Bites is the perfect drink to serve to guests at a cocktail party because it's so easy to make, but it's also perfect for when you're just sitting home and want a sweet treat! The fall version of a rootbeer float! 


This blackberry ginger shrub old fashioned posted on Julip Made isn't the quickest drink to make, but I think it will wow guests at your next fall gathering or holiday party! 

For a party or as a side just at a normal meal, these cute little roasted squash and mushroom tarts from Joy the Baker are a really cute, delicious thing to serve. Your guests (or family) will be happy! 


Best Friends for Frosting posted a recipe butternut squash and apple soup that looks delish. I can just imagine what the flavor would be like and I wish I could have it right now. I think out of all of the recipes I'm posting, this will be the first that I try. The ingredients are super common, so it's not like there are any crazy things that you have to venture to specialty food stores for.

Namely Marly made an amazing looking sweet potato seven layer dip. I don't even know what else to say about it except I am definitely bringing this to the next party I'm invited to (I would say I would make it for the next party I have, but who knows when that will be with my crazy schedule and my lack of time to plan a party). It's a great Super Bowl dish, too, even though that's not in the fall. Who says you can't have fall recipes that can transition into winter ones?

Chestnuts aren't something that you see too often in recipes, so this acorn squash with apple chestnut stuffing from Design Sponge is a different take on stuffed squashes. Most fall dishes include walnuts or pine nuts, but chestnuts are a fun addition as well!

Grilled pumpkin, red onion, feta, and pine nut salad is an easy thing to throw together and it's super light. This one from Sugar Et Al looks yummy. You could add chicken, shrimp, quinoa, etc. and make this a main dish or just serve it as a side! You have to eat all the pumpkin you can while it's still in season!

Butternut squash is possible my favorite fall veggie and this roasted butternut squash with garlic, sage, and pine nuts from Farm Girl Gourmet has garlic and rosemary, which I adore. I can't wait to try this side out asap!

I can't get over the colors in this roasted veggie and andouille orzo from Table for Two. It looks so delicious. I would pass on the sausage since I'm a veg, which I'm sure would definitely take away from the flavor, but all of you meat eaters out there should try this because it's probably so good, and it's not hard to put together!

Hopefully you'll have time to try some of these out this weekend! They're from my trusted and true food blogs, so you won't be disappointed. Enjoy the first weekend of November! It'll be over before you know it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Breakfast at Tricia's, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena