Saturday, October 26, 2013

Weekend Brunch Spot

I'm happy to say I found a new favorite brunch spot in Chelsea. I was on a hunt to find somewhere to go that wasn't super well-known (like Sarabeth's which is so yummy but you wait for hours to get in), but still has great food obviously. I narrowed it down to three places in the Meatpacking District and Chelsea and Tipsy Parson won in the end. Located not far from the High Line at 156 Ninth Ave. (between 20th and 21st), it's so easy to get to by train- just take the C or E to 23rd and walk for about 5 minutes and you're there!
Straight from the website
When I got there around 11:30 it was very crowded, but I was still seated at a table right away. The decor is so adorable, quant, very cozy and country-esque; there are painted books on the walls, decorative plates hanging, and wooden floors to give it this feel. I attempted to get a shot of the back seating area, but it was difficult given that it was so crowded. As far as noise level goes it's very loud. It is a small space though, so that's kind of a given.
I was seated in the back corner. The front section has a different decor as well as a bar area.
The menu has both sweet and savory brunch items. I went for savory and so did my boyfriend, Matt. I read reviews that raved about the Pig in a Poke, which is grits, andouille sausage, and poached eggs in a bowl with a side salad and toast. My boyfriend had that and loved it. He said the sausage had a bit of a spice to it, but not too much (he's not into very spicy food and he liked it).
He also ordered the Biscuit Bomb because people raved about that, too. It's a buttermilk-chive biscuit with sausage inside and cheddar drizzled over it. Matt ate the whole Pig in a Poke and then ate the biscuit, so the cheese wasn't all melty by the time he got to it, which could be why he said it was good, but nothing too exciting. After seeing the pecan sticky bun he said he wished he got that instead. Next time!
Finally we can get to what I had. I got The Farmstand: two poached eggs over brussels sprouts, peas, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and arugula all tossed in pesto with toasted almonds on top. It came with toast on the side and breadcrumbs on top, but I ordered it without both. I saw the pictures of it online and didn't really see what purpose the breadcrumbs served so I decided I didn't want them. Any who, this dish was so good. Like amazing. I didn't want it to end. I highly recommend it. I wish I lived in the area so I could get it all the time. The eggs were cooked perfectly, there wasn't too much pesto yet the flavor was amazing. I don't even know what else to say. It was truly one of the best breakfast items I've had.
Tipsy Parson is open for lunch and dinner during the week and then serves brunch on Saturday and Sundays. The lunch, and midday menus consist of items such as salads, burgers, sandwiches, snacks (deviled eggs, fried green tomatoes, hush puppies, etc.); dinner has snacks, starters, salads, and entrees that include catfish, duck breast, smoked chicken, black-eyed pea "meat loaf", and so on. All of the dishes are interesting, but not weird. You should definitely check out the menus! Oh and at breakfast the table next to us was loving the corn spoonbread that came with the BBQ pulled pork dish. The guy that got it (yeah I'm a little nosy) said it was like "a cornbread soufflĂ©).

Hopefully I've convinced you to try this place out. It's totally worth it, even if you have to wait! 



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Breakfast at Tricia's, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena