Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Polishing Off the Month of October

Can you believe it's the middle of October already? I'm done with midterms! Yay! Definitely a reason to celebrate. Also, happy anniversary to I Love Lucy (my favorite show ever)! It aired for the first time on this day in 1952. Another reason to celebrate!


Why not have a third celebratory reason? As mentioned before, I am a serious nail polish lover. I buy it basically on a weekly basis and I'm very partial to OPI and Essie; I love OPI's brush, but I feel that Essie lasts longer. Regardless of that, I use both. I just purchased Shearling Darling, so that's the third reason to celebrate, just in case you were wondering.

I can't say that these are my favorite fall colors because I kind of go by month and holiday, not so much by season. October to me calls for darker colors because of the Halloween and creepy aspect of it; November is more browns because of Thanksgiving! These aren't my set guidelines, but in my head it all makes sense. When I see a color I just know that it's perfect for that specific point in the year. I guess you could say that my favorite fall colors are darker colors and browns, but it's really broken down by month. At the end of September, when it's just becoming fall, I like to stick to colors that are still brighter, but are toned down, such as a dusty rose instead of Barbie pink (Angora Cardi by Essie is the perfect example of what I'm talking about).

So as far as October goes, the following colors are what I'm obsessing over.
Shearling Darling by Essie (it's the Winter 2013 collection) I'm wearing this now and it's gorgeous.

I got this picture here.
This was my first color of October because the name was too appropriate.
Bobbing for Baubles is a good color for when you aren't feeling a color that's too dark, but it's still dark enough that it definitely is not a spring/summer color by any means.

I got this image here.

I Knead Sourdough by OPI is one of the only colors from the San Fran collection that I like.
A classic fall and winter color by Essie that I use every year. I love the name "Wicked" and how could you not use it around halloween?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Breakfast at Tricia's, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena