Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Lazy Sundays in NYC

can't call this a hidden gem of the UWS because it's pretty well-known, but it's definitely a popular place for a good reason. Irving Farm Coffee Roasters is one of my favorite places to just go and grab coffee, read, have lunch, work on papers, blog, space out, etc. It can be a little tough to find a spot to sit on weekends, but I've always managed to get something so don't let the fact that it appears crowded deter you from going. It's full of mostly people doing their own thing and the atmosphere along with the layout creates a feel that makes it so not awkward if you have to grab a seat with a random person. There are a few tables outside, a counter with a few stools in the front, a bunch of 2 person tables, and a big long wooden table all when you first walk in. There's additional seating in the back portion as well, so they can accommodate more than meets the eye!


Lingering for a while is encouraged; outlets are all over so you can charge any devices from most seats. Newspapers and random magazines are left around so finding something to read is an easy task.

Let's finally get down to the food. So good. The first time I went I got a vanilla soy latte and loved the fact that they make their own vanilla syrup. They have a variety of baked goods and a menu with salads, sandwiches, and some breakfast items (yogurt with granola, bagels, oatmeal, and so on). The first time I went I got a sandwich with chicken, pesto, and cheddar cheese on sourdough bread. It was a good first experience; if I wasn't a vegetarian that doesn't eat cheese or bread anymore I would totally get it again! 



My last visit on Sunday consisted of just a regular coffee with soy and the Mediterranean salad. I've been craving this salad since I had it. I didn't want to finish it because it was so good. It was a mesculin mix with tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, feta, hummus, slow roasted tomatoes, and beets. It came with a house made mustard vinaigrette, but I didn't even use a drop because the salad was so good without it. 



If you're in the area check out Irving Farm! They have other locations in the city, too, but I love the atmosphere of this one so much that I haven't ventured to any other ones yet. Plus they aren't in areas I'm usually in (Gramercy, Grand Central Station, LES, and Flatiron).

To close this post it's a must that I mention the weather because it feels like fall in NYC again! I can start layering again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Breakfast at Tricia's, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena