Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Hello October: Food & Fashion Finds

This is one of my favorite months of the year; fall can finally get into full swing this month! I love the seasonal fruits and veggies that are available in the NYC area - beets, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, eggplant, kale, winter squash (acorn, butternut, and spaghetti are my fav types), tomatoes, apples, pears, raspberries, and so much more! The ones I listed are the ones that I look forward to most, but for a full list click here.
A pretty little tree at school that started changing before the others
Aside from the food, I love the eerie feeling that October elicits with the shortening days, cooler temperatures, changing trees, creepy Halloween decorations, scary movies on TV constantly, and all of the awesome mystery novels that I save for this time of year. The fashion just keeps getting better and better, too, as the temperatures drop. Scarves and boots and sweaters, oh my!

Anthropologie's October 2013 look book might be my favorite look book of the month. I adore this store for so many reasons. I love how homey the store is between the home accessories and candles scattered throughout, the comfy couches, and the natural colors along with the intimate and personal shopping experience you have every time. I can never go in there without wanting to buy at least 10 things. The following items are my most coveted from the amaze look book. I'll have to make it a point to purchase some of these items within the next couple of weeks. Everything from this store is such an investment and lasts forever, so it's totally worth every penny you spend.

1. Guirlande Bib Neclace $78; 2. Auction House Tote in wine $228; 3. Hardwick Booties $230; 4. Colette Trench $228; 5. Slubby Boucle Cardigan $118; 6. Rochelle Jacket $248; 7. Cholet Hollow Vase - Doe $38; 8. Merula Tassel Necklace; 9. Bowed Peplum Blouse $168; 10. Embossed Snake Shooties $188; $58 11. Firenze Floppy Hat $58

P.S. Wait until Christmastime. It's my absolute favorite. You'll never hear the end of that season!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Breakfast at Tricia's, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena