Monday, October 14, 2013

A Pumpkin Filled Day

Happy Columbus Day! Sorry for the lack of posts; it's that wonderful time of year again - midterms. What a dreaded thing, but I'm almost done with them!

Any who, one of my good friends at school, Taylor, (you should check out her blog because I'm so obsessed with it) bought Trader Joe's Pumpkin Body Butter and I was super jealous. Of course I was at TJ's about 2 hours before she posted an Instagram picture of it and I totally must have passed by it; Sunday grocery shopping on the UWS can do that to you because of the massive amounts of people that just wander around the store. I went back a couple of days later and finally made my much needed purchase. I'm in love with it. It smells amazing and it's so moisturizing. The consistency is very thick, but that's expected with body butter. My skin feels amazing even hours after applying and you can still smell it, too! Don't worry though, you don't smell like a walking pumpkin cupcake. It's definitely something that people will compliment you on. You can make them as jealous as I was when I saw that Taylor got it.

I also made pumpkin cookies today! Yay! They smelled so good in the oven and the texture is amazing. Crunchier outside and soft on the inside!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
1 stick butter (unsalted, room temperature)
1 cup packed light brown sugar
6 Tbsp pumpkin puree
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground ginger
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 6 oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

Cream together butter and brown sugar until creamy. I used my kitchen aid, but a bowl with a hand mixer would suffice.

Add in the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract and continue to mix until combined.

Add the spices, baking soda, baking powder, and flour and mix, but put the mixer on a slow setting or you will have flour everywhere.

I used this Vollrath baller/scoop with a 5/8 oz. capacity and a bowl diameter of 1 1/2" to scoop the cookies onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.

Bake for 19 minutes, let cool on a wire rack, and enjoy!

Notes:
I used a 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree for this recipe and didn't even use a quarter of a can, so you'll have pumpkin left over to make other fun recipes!
The cookies don't spread so it can be difficult to tell if they're cooked inside. Once the bottoms were golden-brown (more toward brown than golden, but don't burn them!) I took them out.
This recipe makes 3 dozen cookies.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Breakfast at Tricia's, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena