Friday, September 13, 2013

Restaurant Review: Cafe Blossom


Have you ever been to a restaurant where you literally wanted everything on the menu? It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. Cafe Blossom, a vegan restaurant on the Upper West Side, caused me to be in this situation. You know what that means? Taking 45 minutes to choose what I want. I average about 15 minutes when menus only have a few items that seem enticing- the perks of being indecisive. Luckily, knowing that I was going to be crunched for time because I had a show to catch, I studied the menu beforehand! I narrowed it down to a few options and then decided on the Mezze Plate when I arrived at the restaurant after reviewing the menu one last time to make sure I didn't miss anything.
P.S. I may or may not have eaten 2 carrots before taking a picture... it just looked so good I couldn't wait
This plate consisted of roasted sweet potatoes, beets, baby carrots, and cauliflower with red quinoa and seaweed caviar in the center and a tahini sauce on top. It was mouthwatering. The vegetables were cooked perfectly and the tahini had an amazing flavor. This plate is definitely filling; I finished half of everything, so I'm excited for lunch tomorrow when I can have the other half of it! The only semi-negative thing I can say is that the quinoa didn't have much flavor because it was clearly just boiled in water, but I don't mind it that way and if you mix it with your veggies it will add plenty of flavor. 



The decor was charming with trees painted on the wall and there was plenty of seating. Our server (I went with my fabulous Aunt Diana, whom I adore) was very friendly and I liked that he didn't come over to the table too often, but my water glass was never empty. Major plus because I go through a ton of water at dinner and I can't stand when my glass is empty for too long. 

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone for dinner, even if you're not a vegan. There's nothing on the menu that's weird like some places that try to make vegan food taste like something real - like chicken nuggets. They're either chicken nuggets or they're not. The brunch menu looks delicious as well, so I will definitely be back to check that out. Next visit I'd love to try the autumn sweet potato rolls appetizer and for dinner I have the following three options picked out (these definitely could change next time I look at the menu, but I'm trying to plan ahead to save the poor soul I'm with an hour of his or her life while I sit and study the menu): pistachio crusted tofu, vegetable lasagna, or pine nut crusted seitan. Hopefully some non-vegans will check Cafe Blossom out because it truly is worth it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Breakfast at Tricia's, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena