Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A Craving for Capes

I was enthralled with a particular section of the September issue of InStyle: "Fall Fashion Trends 2013: Capes." Completely inspired by this gorgeous Lauren Ralph Lauren wool tweed cape, I made it my mission to find out more about styling with capes this season.
I've been obsessed with it for a month now and I think I've told everyone I know about it. This trend is popping up in every magazine, on every fashion site, and is featured on fashion blogs all over. I'm definitely hopping on the cape bandwagon this season; the timeless factor of this style makes investing in one worth it.

Capes come in so many different materials and cuts so it's almost a given that if you look long enough you will find one you adore (I didn't have to look very hard). Some people are afraid to try this look because they are afraid it will look unflattering, but simply belting certain styles of capes (not all will look good with this addition) or wearing fitted pants that will show off your figure on your bottom half can solve this problem. Gloves are also the perfect addition to this style; wearing a medium-length or opera-length glove looks fabulous and it also solves the dilemma of being chilly if you're not wearing a long sleeve shirt underneath your cape. This time of year it may be too warm during the day for a sweater, but after work the temperature drops dramatically, so the glove fix comes in handy.

Today would have been the perfect day to wear this seeing as it was in the 40s in the morning and then reached the low 60s in the afternoon in NYC, but unfortunately this jacket is nowhere to be found so I couldn't flaunt it throughout the West Village. Hopefully I will be able to add this stunning piece to my wardrobe sooner than later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Breakfast at Tricia's, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena